Thursday, April 10, 2008

Blog challenge #12: About me

Blog challenge #12

OK, I haven’t been doing all of the blog challenges as they come up, but I resolve to turn over a new leaf. Better late than never.

1) Right now I want: my house to be clean, my papers graded, and a chance to sit in my scraproom and be creative. At times like this I wish I could be Samantha (“Bewitched”) and just twitch my nose and have it done.

2) I wish I knew how to: quilt. I am so in awe of those I see others produce, and I am completely in love with the Elm Creek Quilt series by Jennifer Chiaverini. I find myself drawn to getting out the sewing machine that hasn’t been used in eight years. My problem is that any hobby I pursue requires me to buy a whole new bunch of supplies and I’m running out of space to put them and time to do them.

3) When I want to indulge myself, I: have a chocolate covered cherry. Not those cheap boxed ones, although when I get a real chocolate cherry craving, they will do because they are readily available. I’m talking about a giant cherry, wrapped in brandied fondant and dipped in premium dark chocolate. When you bite into it – you don’t pop these in your mouth whole – it oozes delicious goo. M-m-m-m-m!

4) You’ll never see me: naked. Other than that, you’ll not see me climbing anything.

5) A childhood memory that I love: When I was a kid, I used to climb trees. We had a big wild cherry tree on our property, and I would sit on a big branch and pick off the wild cherries and eat them until my mouth and fingers were stained black. That was my sanctuary, when I needed time to hide out from mom or escape the demands of pesky little brothers.

6) 2 things I do every single day: 1. I check in and read Scrapshare. If I have time, I will post replies and even, rarely, start a new thread. I consider these women friends and I have become bound up in their lives, their sorrows, their joys, and their longings. I hope they feel that way about me. 2. I read before I go to sleep. I always have a book, whether from the library or from my own collection, and I read for 20 to 45 minutes in bed. If I wake up in the wee hours of the morning and can’t get back to sleep, I will turn on the light and read until I go back to sleep, sometimes with the book on my chest and the light still on.

7) Happiest moment of 2008, so far: Friday, April 6, when I flew to Milwaukee to see my daughter’s family for the weekend. We picked up the six-year-old at school, who had momentarily forgotten that I was coming, and was telling her mom about her day, handing over her folder, and saying goodbye to her teacher. I turned to the back seat, and said, “Hi, Isabel.” and she squealed, “Grammy!” My grandchildren are the joy of my life.

8) Describe yourself in 3 words: enthusiastic, creative, disorganized

9) 2 scrap related goals for this year: I want to get my scrapping stuff organized and compacted so that it doesn’t take up a whole room My goal is to create a scrapping closet in my new house. Goal 2 is to get caught up, but that will probably still be on my list of goals for next year. Does one ever really get caught up??

10) You have $40 that you MUST spend on yourself – what do you do with it? Easy! It would go for scrapbook paper and embellishments.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Wow! It was super getting to know you a little bit! You had me totally drooling over the chocolate covered cherry. I don't even really like them. LOL Your description was just so wonderful! =]