Sunday, August 10, 2008

ChurchSearch: Round 2, Weeks 1-2

So I didn't get around to posting last week, but I have gone back to Custer Road for the last 2 Sundays. They had a Visitor Information class starting last Sunday (Aug. 3), which I decided would be a good place to learn about the church. I was right -- it was, so I went back there today. I am meeting more people each week, and have met several choir members. The choir is on summer hiatus this month, so I will plan to start when they resume rehearsals in a couple of weeks. I also registered for the Disciple Bible Study, Christian Believer course which starts in September.

At first the idea of attending such a large church (7,000 members) was intimidating. But then I realized that, regardless of the size of the church, my "home" is going to be the small groups of which I am a part. The advantage of a large church is the range and number of small group opportunities it offers. Of all the churches I visited in Round 1, I liked the worship service at CRUMC the best, so that will probably be the deciding point.

No comments: